Tofino, Canada's 'Surf City', is located off Canada's west coast on a dreamy peninsula between the open Pacific and Clayoquot Sound, surrounded by west coast rainforest, inlets and lakes.
Tofino's amazing sandy beaches (Pacific Rim National Park Reserve), stretch for miles and offer surfers year-round opportunities to ride the waves.
The town offers excellent Seafood Restaurants, Breweries and Coffee Shops plus, not to forget, world class Whale watching!
With its own municipal airport and Highway 4, getting in and out of Tofino is quick and seamless, although I have to warn you - once you are there you may like it so much that you'll find it very hard to leave again.
Whale and Bear Watching in Tofino:
- The Whale Centre (411 Campbell St, Tofino)
- Ocean Outfitters (368 Main Street, Tofino)
- Jamie's Whaling Station (606 Cambell St, Tofino)
- West Coast Aquatic Safaris (101A Fourth Street, Tofino)
- Adventure Tofino Wildlife Tours (421 Main Street, Tofino)
- Clayoquot Wild (316 Main Street, Tofino)